Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blog Post #5


PLN is short for personal learning network. As Dr. Stange explains in his document "Developing a Personal Learning Network",  a personal learning network is "people, places, organizations, and activities that enable you to learn." Dr. Strange also explains in his document that PLNs are worldwide and that they change frequently. Examples of PLNs are twitter, Facebook, youtube, and blogs. 

Ways to use PLNs


PLNs are an important tool for teachers and educators. Michael Fawcett discusses in his video "PLN", that PLNs serve as a tool for collaboration with teachers and educators around the world. PLNs are a way for teachers to share ideas and resources. Personal learning networks play a vital role in teachers' professional development.

Dr. Strange further explains in his document "Developing a Personal Learning Network" that the way to form a PLN is to first identify what interest you, and then form a series of questions in order to extend your network. He then tells his readers to build their network by searching for people, organizations, places, and activities that relate to the subject matter that interest you.

I have already created my own PLN. Thanks to EDM310, I now have a class blog. I also use twitter, youtube, and Facebook to collaborate with others. My PLN will give me insight into ideas and resources shared by educators around the globe. My first addition to my PLN will be to follow good resources and teachers in order for me to stay up to date with education. I have recently followed and recommend my readers to follow EdutopiaEdudemic, and Google for Education on twitter as resources to help build their own personal learning network.






2 comments: