Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blog Post #3


  • Peer editing 
    • working with someone your own age
    • editing their work
    • Composed of compliments, suggestions, and corrections
  • Best way to approach peer editing
    • stay positive
      • start with compliments
    • make suggestions
      • not demands
      • Be specific
  • Peer editing my classmates
    • Do not be picky
    • Be specific 
    • Peer review accurately
      • Stay on topic
    • Be kind
      • Do not be pushy
  • Importance of peer editing 

Peer editing is working with your peers to help revise or edit their writings. Peer editing is composed of three elements. The three elements of peer editing are to always start with compliments, give suggestions, and make proper corrections. It is important to always approach peer editing in the best way. Remember to always stay positive when peer editing. Positive criticism goes along way when  peer editing. It is really important to make suggestions and not demands. When we make these suggestions it is important to be specific. Specification of mistakes can help the writer clearly understand what they need to edit or revise.

Checklist for Peer Editing

It is important for me to peer edit my classmates the way I would want to be peer edited in return. When peer editing my classmates I will always try to stay positive and not be so picky.  I also need to make specific suggestions when peer editing. I need to make sure I accurately and effectively review my peers. I will do the best I can to point out all the mistakes within my classmates' writings because I want them to make the best grade possible. It is important to me that my peers properly edit my paper, and I would do so in return. When peer editing I will focus on just telling the writer what they need to revise, and not start talking about something completely off topic. It is also important to always be kind when peer editing and not be pushy.

Peer editing is very important. It allows our peers to read our writings, and give suggestions or comments on things that need revising. Peer editing is important because sometimes it is hard to pick out your own mistakes within your writing. Personally, peer editing makes me more comfortable when I turn in any written work. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. That is true and evident in our writing. Mistakes will be made, and peer editing is a good process in making those corrections.

Boy peer editing female classmate's paper

1 comment: