Tuesday, April 21, 2015

C4K Summary for April

Netflix

The first student I was assigned to for the month of April was Lauren R from Mrs. Lombard's 7th grade english class in Oklahoma. I commented on Lauren's "The Anatomy of Grey's" post. In this post Lauren talked about the show that she is currently watching on Netflix, Grey's Anatomy. She compared what season she was on to the current season that is now being shown on TV. She also explained some of her favorite things about this show, and highly recommended everyone to watch it. I told Lauren about the current show that I was watching on Netflix, and I also gave her some back ground information on the setting of the show. 



Below is my comment to Lauren:

My name is Kaley McManus and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I love Netflix!! I have not gotten into Grey's Anatomy yet. That may be the next show that I start. I am currently watching The Hart of Dixie. I love it, mostly because the setting is in "Blue Bell", Alabama. "Blue Bell" is a fictional town, but its location in the show is where the city of Fairhope, Alabama really is.  It is also just fun to relate to some of the scenes in the show. I do feel that the show does exaggerate southern tradition to the extreme though.  My favorite shows so far have been Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Great post and keep up the great work!

Here is a link to direct you to the home page of Fairhope, Alabama:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcmanus_kaley
Gmail: kaleymcmanus2016@gmail.com
URL for class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com



The second student that I was assigned to was Laurin from Ms. Thomas's class from John Hanson French Immersion School in Prince Georges, MD. I commented on Laurin's "How to fit in" post. In this post Laurin tells her readers that she has never fit in. She encourages her readers to just be themselves, and that true friends will eventually come. I agree with Laurin, and also gave her some additional advice on why it doesn't matter if you "fit in."

Dr. Seuss Quote

   
Below is my comment to Laurin:

My name is Kaley McManus, and I am a student from the University of South Alabama. Wonderful advice for others on how to "fit in." It is important to just always be yourself. If we were all alike, then this world would be a boring place. It is not important if you fit in or not, especially in school. Trust me, you will never see a lot of people that you graduated in high school with ever again. My sister is 11 years old, and I always try to give her advice on why "fitting in" is not important. Just be yourself, and give 100% at everything you do in life. Keep up the great work!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcmanus_kaley
Gmail: kaleymcmanus2016@gmail.com
URL for class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com

Drive-in Movie theater

The third and final student I was assigned to was Tyson Mr. Webbauro's Room 3 class at Auroa School in South Taranaki, New Zealand. In Tyson's "Aurora School Drive-in Movie Night", Tyson discussed his school's drive-in movie night. He explained how their will be lollies and other movie goods at this movie night. He also tells his readers that they will be watching the movie off of a movie trailer. I enjoyed Tyson's blog post. I told him about our "movie event" at the high school that I attended. 

Below is my comment to Tyson:

My name is Kaley McManus, and I attend the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama in the United States. A drive in movie night sounds really great. One year my school sponsored a movie night, but it was located on the football field. Students and parents laid their blankets out on the 50-yard line, and we watched the movie on our new jumbotron. I looked through the slideshow provided on your teacher's blog. It looks like y'all had a great time. Good post and keep up the great work!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcmanus_kaley
Gmail: kaleymcmanus2016@gmail.com
URL for class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment