Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blog Post 5 Part 2

PLN

For this blog post assignment we are to summarize our Personal Learning Network thus far. Since beginning my Personal Learning Network, It has grown dramatically. Most of this growth has been via twitter. I now follow a handful of twitter accounts that do a great job at keeping me updated with the changes of the educational world.
pln graphic


These accounts are as listed below:
Edudemic
TeachersPayTeachers
edutopia
Mark Clark: Author of the Princess Fables
Michael Fawcett
Google For Education
Rochford On Demand


All of these twitter accounts listed are very informational. They also post great ideas on their twitter accounts that can be used in future classrooms. Not only has using twitter broadened my Personal Learning Network, but being in EDM 310 groups has also helped me make new life-long teaching friends. I now have friends that I can study with and depend on when it comes to keeping each other informed on what is going on in class. I am a firm believer that you cannot make it through college without friends to help you along the way.

As far as my future classroom, I would like to encourage my students to broaden there Personal Learning Network. It is important for them to learn how to work with a group, and to learn how to work as a team. Many occupations now require you to work "as a team"; there are very few jobs that allow you to work by yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment