Tuesday, March 31, 2015

C4T #3

burnout prevention photo

For my comment for teachers post five and six I was assigned Mr. John T. Spencer's blog called Education Rethink. For assignment 5 this blog was titled Seven Strategies for Avoiding Burn Out. In this blog post Mr. Spencer gave his readers insight on ways to avoid burn out. The seven strategies that Mr. Spencer covered are listed below.

Seven Strategies for Avoiding Burnout:

Strategy #1: Teach out of your identity.
Strategy #2: Choose a better story.
Strategy #3: Define success as faithfulness and growth rather than results or perfection.
Strategy #4: Set boundaries and stick to them.
Strategy #5: Be realistic but be grateful.
Strategy #6: Embrace a community of trusted friends, where you can be open and vulnerable.
Strategy #7: Understand the phases of your career and the potential burnout in each phase.

poor guy burnout

Below is my comment to Mr. Spencer:
My name is Kaley McManus and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. As a future educator, I really enjoyed reading your post. I find the 7 ways that you listed to avoid burn out to be very inspirational. I currently live with a "first-year" elementary teacher, and I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I will make sure to share these points with her to lift her spirits, and provide her with effective advice on how to avoid "burn-out". I feel like so many teachers lose sight of "why they became teachers," because of frustration and stress faced throughout their career. Again, this is a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcmanus_kaley
Gmail: kaleymcmanus2016@gmail.com
URL for class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com
URL for my class blog: http://mcmanuskaleyedm310.blogspot.com


student blogs

For assignment six I commented on Mr. Spencer's blog titled Thinking Creatively About Student Blogging. In this blog post Mr. Spencer provided multiple links for his readers. He also provided very beneficial information for improving "student blogging." Mr. Spencer also provided session and workshops that he himself does, and he also provided his readers with his email address.

Below is the links that Mr. Spencer provided:
Five Ways to Fix Student Blogging
Geek Out Projects
How Should My Students Approach Blogging?
Ten Thoughts on Visual Writing Ideas
The Story Behind Write About
Thirteen Thoughts on Student Blogging
Ways to Reach Reluctant Writers
What Do We Mean by Authentic Audience?
Writing Ideas for the First Week of School

little girl blogging


Below is my comment to Mr. Spencer:


My name is Kaley McManus and I am a student from the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading this post, and I found the links you provided very helpful. I also really like the slide show that you provided. As a future educator this post is very helpful because I want to make sure to incorporate student blogging into my classroom. I think it is really great that you also offer session and workshops to your readers. Thanks for the read!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcmanus_kaley
Gmail: kaleymcmanus2016@gmail.com
URL for class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com

URL for my class blog: http://mcmanuskaleyedm310.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment