Saturday, January 17, 2015

Practice Assignment

Outline

  • Who am I?
    • Personal Information
      • Where I am from
      • Family 
    • Where I went to High School
    • My interests 
  • How I started attending USA
    • Location
    • The campus
  • Why I want to become an educator?
    • I love to learn
    • The Kids
    • The hours
  • Role of an educator
    • Teach
    • Role Model
  • My Passions
    • Softball
    • Helping others
    • My relationships
  • What I do
    • Best
      • Math
    • Need to work on
      • Maintaining my stress

My name is Kaley McManus. I live in a small town that is roughly 100 miles north of Mobile called Thomasville, Alabama. I am an elementary education major. I have a big family and divorced parents. I have one half sister, 2 half brothers that are twins, a stepbrother, and a stepsister. I graduated from Thomasville High School in 2012. My interests are playing any type of sport and spending time with family.
High school gradation pictures with Brett Criswell


I am a transfer student from Alabama Southern Community College. At ASCC I received my associates degree in science. I chose to attend the University of South Alabama mainly because of the location. I do not like to be far away from my family very long, and being at USA is close enough for me to go home whenever I would like. I also chose USA because of the academics and its beautiful campus.
USA Jaguar with Brett Criswell
ASCC Phi Theta Kappa team, Phi Upsilon chapter
ASCC graduation with Mom
Click here to view Alabama Southern Community College's website

I chose to become an educator because my goal in life is to make an impact on a child's life. I love kids, and I have always loved kids. I have always loved to learn and attend school. I hope to one day channel my love for learning and school to my students. I want my students to enjoy school and for them to understand the importance of getting an education. Also, the hours and vacation time that comes with this career choice is a great advantage.

Never stop learning


An educator is responsible for doing many things in his or her practice. I believe that an educator is responsible to actually teach by actively engaging their students in what they are teaching. It is impossible to teach kids by just standing in front of the classroom and lecturing information. I think a teacher is responsible for being a good role model for students. Teachers should serve as an example of appropriate behavior. Kids watch every move that adults make, and we as teachers need to be someone that they can trust and look up too. 

Teach from the heart

My passions in life are softball, helping others, and my relationships with others. Softball has been a huge part of my life. I started playing ball when I was 3 years old and didn't stop playing until I was 18 years old. I am also passionate about helping others by lending a helping hand or by just talking with someone about their problems. I am most passionate about my relationships with others. The most important people in my life are my family, boyfriend, and friends. I couldn't go through life without the love and support that they have shown me. 
Walk-off grand slam-2011
My Sister and I at the beach
My mom and I before my cousin's wedding rehearsal dinner.
My Dad and I, Christmas at grandmother's house.
My brothers, one twin showing off his awards and the other with his arms crossed.
My boyfriend and I

The thing I do best is math. Math comes easy to me, and it has always been my favorite subject. Something I am not so good at though is controlling my stress. I stress out over the least little thing, and it has really made a negative impact on my life. I try to manage my stress by singing, but I still worry about certain things.
I love math



I also wanted to share a little about my little cousin with Down syndrome. Her name is Allie Bethea and she is currently 5 years old. Allie is a blessing to everyone that she comes into contact with. She can definitely put a smile on your face in a heart beat. I love my Allie bug!
Younger Allie posing in the chair.

Allie swinging

Allie's sweet smile

Allie sliding

Allie's home made hat

Allie building a ginger bread house

Allie playing ball

Allie laughing

Allie and I at my cousins wedding rehearsal dinner.








1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaley, I just got done reading your first blog post and I must say we have a lot off things in common. I really enjoy spending time with my family too and I'm a sports fanatic. I can relate to why you attended USA, because I'm a family oriented person too and can't stand to not see them for long periods of time. The reasons that you want to become an educator are exactly the same reasons why I do. I like the idea of being able to have a positive impact on people and help them to become better adults. Stress can get to me too, I do let things sit on my mind and begin to weigh down heavily on me. I just remember to not sweat the small stuff and have fun, which it seems like you know how to do. Also, your cousin is adorable and she seems like a real joy.

    ReplyDelete